MAY vs. SHOULD reject different answers (was: NOT RECOMMENDED)

2005-05-08 19:02:43
Julian Mehnle wrote:

Just send off two queries in two UDP packets

Yes, I know how to do this, but I've never worked with any
resolver API, so I didn't know that it might have something
like a non-blocking mode.  Out of curiosity, how do you get
the corresponding results in this case ?

I'm not sure what you are trying to say in the rest of your
message.  Perhaps it's due to me being tired.

There was no rest below this "diplomatic" issue, what are you
talking about, the "quixotic quest" thread in mxcomp about
STD 10 source routes with John Levine ?  What was unclear ?

For the MAY-SHOULD diplomatic stuff let's say that I'm not
too happy with it, but if Wayne and you and some "DNS gurus"
like it, then I hope that you're right, so keep it as it is.

                          Bye, Frank