Re: MUST SPF checking be done during SMTP time?

2005-05-16 09:28:55

wayne wrote:
In <428891D2(_dot_)8050008(_at_)ashtonwoodshomes(_dot_)com> Terry Fielder
<terry(_at_)ashtonwoodshomes(_dot_)com> writes:

Only if the final MTA stays down for longer then the TTL.  Do you
think that happens often?

Yes.

SPF TTL times:

aol.com:        300s (5 min)
hotmail.com:   3600s (1 hr)
pobox.com:     3600s (1 hr)
earthlink.net: 1800s (30 min)

Yep, I am convinced.

And fortunately my opinion does not need to be swayed because I always did say that I felt SMTP time *is* the time to do the check.

I hereby veto my own suggestion for a method that would keep MUA testers happy. :)

Terry

-wayne

Read the whitepaper!  http://spf.pobox.com/whitepaper.pdf