Re: MUST SPF checking be done during SMTP time?

2005-05-14 23:38:53
Chris Haynes wrote:

The TTL is entirely under the control of the publisher
(a.k.a. DNS admin.).

That's the theory.  In practice I use a DynDNS client, and
seeing its author in a mirror doesn't prove that he knows
exactly what's going on. <eg>

in practice, many people are not going to be quite so
precise/fussy about how / when they change the SPF policy

Apparently we agree on this point.

The words in my previous post were chosen very carefully to
reflect this.

With an explicit ACK from the SA folks I'd risk it, otherwise
it scares me.  "SHOULD" already means the same as "MUST unless
you know exactly why you don't do it".

                         Bye, Frank