Re: Standards Strategy

2005-05-20 00:18:02
In
<5(_dot_)2(_dot_)1(_dot_)1(_dot_)0(_dot_)20050519132051(_dot_)04d6be08(_at_)pop(_dot_)mail(_dot_)yahoo(_dot_)com>
 David MacQuigg <david_macquigg(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> writes:

LOL. Good one.  I do appreciate Bruce Lilly's comments, even though
they are a PITA.  The only problem is when I see him argue on one
occasion that we must assume header order gets "randomized" as it
crosses the Internet, and on another occasion, no change in header
order is allowed.  Seems like he picks his position just to be
"negative".

Bruce is correct with both of these positions and they are not
controdictory.  Despite the requirements in RFCs, there
implementations that are broken, either accidentally, or
deliberately.

[major snip]

I agree with the comments made by other people.

One thing that I will add is that I don't see things like CSV, DK or
IIM as "competition".  They can go and get IETF standards if they
want, I don't care.  Yeah, the HELO checking with CSV is basically
equivalent to the HELO checking with SPF, but the market can decide on
which is more useful.

-wayne