Re: Re: Confusion about draft-schlitt-spf-classic-01 (SPF-Classic)

2005-05-23 05:17:49

On Mon, 23 May 2005, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

As such, I would like to ask that the IESG consider this I-D for
Proposed Standard status.  I

You switch from one extreme to the other. Why not Informational
status?

IETF documents don't move from Information to Standard status (but they do
from experimental).

Information is really the weakest type of RFC at IETF. You might even
hear somebody say - "its just an informational RFC" (add "what do I care" before that and you get full picture), where as when its STD or BCP, people treat it quite different.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks