Re: Re: Confusion about draft-schlitt-spf-classic-01 (SPF-Classic)

2005-05-23 05:49:59

On Mon, 23 May 2005, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 05:17:49AM -0700,
william(at)elan.net <william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net> wrote
a message of 28 lines which said:

where as when its STD or BCP, people treat it quite different.

Sure, it is "better" to be STD or BCP but it is also *far* more
difficult and, because of all the mess and FUD around SPF, I believe
it is unrealistic to ask the Standards Track.

Well, to be realistic - we can always get an Informational RFC !
So lets try for something better first and see if we can get lucky :)

P.S. Take my words with grain of salt, as I'm somebody who would speak
up even if I'm the only one doing it and do something even if chance of
success maybe low (I care more if its "right thing to do" and technically
better and not if its politically correct move or not). Then again, I noticed that its more of that I go at it too hard and too soon, but that eventually what gets adapted is something rather close to what I said, so speaking up maybe giving it a push along the correct path even if not getting it done right away.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks