Re: Identity codes, plus a new %{x} macro

2005-05-26 21:10:51

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Julian Mehnle wrote:

I think it would be useful to have standardized codes for identity scopes
(such as "helo", "mfrom", etc.)

BTW - for identity names, the following is what I have so far (and the
names are used in the draft paper), please reply if you think some name is wrong and propose an alternative:

 mfrom  - RFC2821 MAIL FROM
 helo   - RFC2821 HELO/EHLO smtp client system name
 submit - RFC2821 MAIL SUBMITTER used on its own
 pra    - MS-SID PRA algorithm address (Resent-Sender, if not present then
          Resent-From, if not present then Sender, if not present then From)
          it also requires SUBMITTER to be equivalent to PRA
 sender - RFC2822 Sender Header Field (if Sender is not present then "From")
 from   - RFC2822 From Header Field on its own (if multiple addreses then
          first one)
 ptr    - DNS name for PTR pointer for SMTP Client IP address

Anything else that has been proposed?

BTW - I can already see that we will eventually need a registry for it...

--- William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net