Re: Identity codes, plus a new %{x} macro

2005-05-27 08:41:32

On Fri, 27 May 2005, Julian Mehnle wrote:

Wayne Schlitt wrote:
William Leibzon writes:
BTW - I can already see that we will eventually need a registry for
it...

*sigh*

Should I add an IANA consideration blurb about registering
scopes/identities?

Not to the SPFv1 specification.  Probably to a later one.

I concur. Its something to be worked for future SPF version and if we
do it in IETF way, we'd have to have separate document that actually specifies this IANA registry anyay.

For now document that define new identities would have to define new
scope name to go along and we'll just hope that those names will not
be the same.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks