Re: New SPFv1 spec: draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02pre2

2005-06-05 16:12:29
In <x4ll5opn4u(_dot_)fsf(_at_)footbone(_dot_)schlitt(_dot_)net> wayne
<wayne(_at_)schlitt(_dot_)net> writes:

I'm releasing an updated draft that encorporates all reviews that I
know of to date.  Based on past experience, the SPF council meeting
later today will almost certainly generate some more updates.

fyi;

The SPF council did decide to change the definition of pass to:

    A "Pass" result means that the client is authorized to inject mail
    with the given identity. The domain can now, in the sense of
    reputation, be considered responsible for sending the
    message. Further policy checks can now proceed with confidence in
    the legitimate use of the identity.

We also decided to change "prefix" to "qualifier".

I've updated the draft for these two items, as well as the latest
suggested text for the Received-SPF header from William.  I'm going to
let it sit for a while, and then do another read-over.

-wayne