New SPFv1 spec: draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02pre3

2005-06-06 08:42:59

I'm releasing an updated draft that encorporates all reviews that I
know of to date.  Unless someone finds something really important that
needs to be changed, this will be the draft that I will submit later
today to the IETF for consideration as a standard track RFC.

The drafts are in the same place as last time:

http://www.schlitt.net/spf/spf_classic/draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02pre3.html
http://www.schlitt.net/spf/spf_classic/draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02pre3.txt
http://www.schlitt.net/spf/spf_classic/draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02pre3.nr
http://www.schlitt.net/spf/spf_classic/draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02pre3.xml

A diff and a wdiff between this version and the previous version
(-02pre2) can be found at:

http://www.schlitt.net/spf/spf_classic/changes_from_draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02pre2.xml.diff.txt
http://www.schlitt.net/spf/spf_classic/changes_from_draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02pre2.xml.wdiff.txt

Changes from -02pre2:

* The date and filename of the I-D was updated

* Minor editorial changes that I caught on a final re-read of the
  spec were made.

* In section 1.1. "State of this draft", the note about the draft not
  being for the IESG review was removed.  This draft *is* for the IESG
  review.

* The definition of Pass was changed to:

    A "Pass" result means that the client is authorized to inject mail
    with the given identity. The domain can now, in the sense of
    reputation, be considered responsible for sending the
    message. Further policy checks can now proceed with confidence in
    the legitimate use of the identity.

* The the "prefix" ABNF rule was renamed to "qualifier".

* The IANA consideration template for the Received-SPF header was updated.

* The qnum ABNF rule no longer allows leading zeros for two digit
  numbers.

* In section 10.1 "Processing Limits", I made it clearer that the DNS
  count applies to all DNS lookups, even in other records, such as
  those caused by include: and redirect=.

* A change log of differences between -01 and -02 was added.

-wayne