Re: Re: This is ridiculous.

2005-06-06 18:29:18
In <42A4BF0E(_dot_)7437(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> Frank Ellermann
<nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> writes:

wayne wrote:

when CallerID and SPF were merged

<meep>  Maybe that was a merger of united-CYA and CallerID,
but not v=spf1.  IIRC the key phrase was "this is the split"
and the author was "Wayne".  Testing my memory with GMaNe...
...tough, I got it wrong, my second attempt "united" worked:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.spam.spf.discuss/5898/match=united

Even in that article, I talk about the merged SPF and C-ID.

Yeah, the merger split the SPF community, but that is a different
subject.

As a result, discussions of SPF's MAIL FROM and HELO checking
didn't come up very often, but the CSV folks kept bring up
their system.

...IIRC they also waited patiently.  Almost nobody violated
Marshall's ruling about the "2822 first" pecedence.

Well, I guess maybe patiently for DougO.  You can easily find lots of
articles about CSV and such after the decision to work on SenderID.

Oh, and if you go back and check the co-chairs ruled that MARID was to
focus on the RFC282*1* identities first (e.g. 2821.HELO and
2821.MAILFROM) and *then* worry about RFC2822 identities.  The MARID
charter said that once the identities were selected, other discussions
would be ruled out of scope.

Not many people, besides me, really objected to the mysterious switch
from RFC2821 identities to RFC2822 identities after the MARID interim
meeting, even though there never was even a confirmation done on the
mailing list.

-wayne