Re: This is ridiculous.

2005-06-06 20:37:58
wayne wrote:

the merger split the SPF community, but that is a different
subject.

Digging through old archives I found the famous CYA thread:

<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.spam.spf.discuss/8119>
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.spam.spf.discuss/8162>

43 weeks and 4 days ago,  An interesting thread started by
John Glube on mxcomp (later he told me what "CYA" means ;-)

Not many people, besides me, really objected to the
mysterious switch from RFC2821 identities to RFC2822
identities after the MARID interim meeting, even though there
never was even a confirmation done on the mailing list.

Maybe an obscure deal between the SID and CSV camps, "SID gets
2822, CSV gets 2821, SPF is dead".
                                  No paseran, Frank