SPF 2/3 maybe it is time to get this going.

2005-06-18 00:13:13
Hi All,

After the last council session and what I read from the IETF/IESG, maybe
the next generation needs to be done.  I am very glad we have a SPF V1
Spec and it documents what exists now.  From all the rumbling, on the
standards list, it appears they really want the next generation of SPF.
Maybe we should take some time and start developing it.

I am not suggesting to stop the work on getting the existing version as an
RFC, but with what has been happening a Revised/Version 2/3 SPF may make a
lot of sense.  It seems they really want something that has come from the
1.5-2.0 years of SPF experience.  This may be an opportunity to get
something done.  We have been waiting now for almost a year since MADRID,
to start on the next version.  So maybe it should get started.

Just my $.02

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb(_at_)zenez(_dot_)com>
ZENEZ   1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047