ETHICS

2005-06-19 12:40:28

----- Original Message -----
From: "william(at)elan.net" <william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net>
Subject: Re: Engineering, Politics and Internet and how it relates to

I would have mentioned about espf.org on the list - you beat me to it.

yeah right <wink>

But I do not see any reason why I should have said something to you
since you do not have domain by that name yourself and have already
mentioned the term publicly clearly not intending to use it privately.

Do you know how pathetic that sounds?    So what you are basically saying is
that you lurk the internet and just take whatever you deem are your cookie
crumbles because if you don't someone else will?  And do so in front of
their faces because  people are idiots in your eyes?  And you feel justified
because you are protecting them?

And btw go ahead and compare to what has happened on spf multiple times -
why do you think there is libsrs and libsrs2 or libsrs and libspf and
libspf2? They are all public terms, so get used to that it can happen.

No I don't have to get use to it.  I thought it was pathetic just like I
think the multipe SPF documentation was pathetic,  just like I think MS
friviously and illegally patented prior art technology with intentional
neglect to mention prior art.   No, I don't have you get use to it.

P.S. You maybe "uncompromising ethical person" but the world we leave in
is not built like that.

Spare me the reality check.  I don't have a dilemma with ethical challenges.
You may think it is the way of your world, not mine. Sorry. You can have the
copyright on that behavior.

Instead of letting your heat out in public every
time you see something that is not up to your standards, you may want to
consider asking about it privately or politely pointing out that you do
not agree

Maybe that's what you should of done in the first place just of common
courtesy.

[Note: I suffer from some of the same problems myself...]

No, your problem.  No mine.  Don't compare me to yourself.  I am head and
shoulder way above you. I sleep like a baby at night. I don't have ethical
issues to rub off my chest.  Never have, never will.

Finally, I don't give a hoot who has ESPF. I mentioned it and proposed it
to be the basic framework for future extensions in the same manner we have
ESMTP for SMTP.   I suggested to the SPF "cogs of the day"  to begin
using the term to establish a trade usage.  But I did so with little care as
to whether it was usable or not or whether a registration should be done.  I
could care less.

The point of this silly thread is a manner of principle.  You violated it in
my book and now you are saying "that's life, that's the way of the world."
well, its not, its your world only.

http://www.santronics.com