Re: Andy Newton says: FTC Dismisses SPF

2005-06-24 15:51:43
On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 13:32 -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:
 What I'm doing is basically
 just what is now known as BATV, although with syntactic differences in
 the reverse-path -- I actually use an SRS-like reverse-path.

the differences are deeper than syntax.

i believe that john levine has explored this point with the ses folks,
extensively.

What I'm doing isn't SES. The SES stuff developed significantly after I
implemented what I have now. I'm still just doing the 'unique-ish
reverse-path on all outgoing mail' thing, which allows me to reject
false bounces and allows those doing SMTP callouts to reject faked mail
from my users. Nit-picking about syntax aside, that's basically what
BATV is.

--
dwmw2