Re: SPF+SRS vs. BATV (was: SPF Stats)

2005-07-05 09:10:29

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, David Woodhouse wrote:

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 08:37 -0700, william(at)elan.net wrote:
You'd check to see if they have SPF record and whitelist those ip
address for specific user. The system is then that:

They don't. And even if they did, the SPF record for outgoing mail for
that particular domain may bear no relation to the hosts which _forward_
mail which was originally destined _to_ that domain. Even today, let
alone the hosts which may forward mail for that domain _tomorrow_ when
they bring the new MX host online.

Ok, fine. We call it new SPF scope "FWDR" which describes ip addresses of
the hosts responsible for handling outgoing email being sent as a result of forwarding with the domain being in original RCPT address.

So its something else to work on for unified spf (or espf) I suppose when we finally get started on it.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks