Re: SPF+SRS vs. BATV

2005-07-06 06:11:42
Stuart D. Gathman writes:
"Forwarding" (in the sense of the above) is only a problem for some
domains - typically large ones who don't want to coordinate
setting up this type of forwarding with users.

Almost all the domains for which I forward are small.  The typical
size is about 5 users.  The domains they want me to forward *to* are
usually huge - AOL, MSN, Yahoo, and RoadRunner being the most common
destinations.

Typical motivations are things like a group of physicians each
unwilling to give up his or her investment in learning the ins and
outs of a preferred mail service, or a business group wanting to give
members email addresses in a domain without imposing use of a
particular mail service.  The latter in particular are often very
fluid and temporary associations for a particular project.  One domain
I handle is for a non-profit that elects a new slate of volunteer
officers each year.

--
Dick St.Peters, stpeters(_at_)NetHeaven(_dot_)com
Gatekeeper, NetHeaven, Saratoga Springs, NY