posting volume (Was: That Forwarding Topic Again)

2005-07-06 13:41:06
In
<Pine(_dot_)LNX(_dot_)4(_dot_)44(_dot_)0507061125480(_dot_)9404-100000(_at_)neko-base(_dot_)nekodojo(_dot_)org>
 Greg Connor <gconnor(_at_)nekodojo(_dot_)org> writes:

Or, as is often said on the Internet:  "So much heat! So little light!"  In
other words, if you are not adding something new and interesting to the
debate, take a seat on the bench for now.

Besides the style of the debate, I also think that the shear volume of
postings is becoming a problem.  On the IETF MARID list, there was a
guideline of not posting more than 3 messages per day.  We have never
been quite as formal as the IETF, but I think the idea behind that
guideline is very important.

In the last 24 hours, we have had 109 posts here, in the last 48 we
have had 170.  That is simply too much for many people to keep up
with.  There are four individuals that have posted more than a dozen
messages in the last two days.

Besides choosing your words carefully, please also choose your posts
carefully.  Let others who can't devote many hours per day to
spf-discuss have a chance to have a voice.

Thanks

-wayne

p.s.  I almost never speak as my role as an "SPF council member" when
I post here.  I'm not really speaking as one now either, but I could
see myself raising the subject of the number of posts per day as an
agenda item if things don't return to a more "normal" roar.