SPF spec status: in the RFC Editor's queue

2005-07-08 21:35:20

fyi;

I just received a notice today that the RFC Editor has put the SPF I-D
in their queue.  See:  http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue.html

I thought that the jump from "IESG approval" to "RFC Editor Queue"
would be a really quick handoff, but apparently not.  I'm not sure if
the 2.5 week delay is normal, or if it indicates some problems that I
don't know about.

While I expected the IESG->RFC Editor handoff to be quick, I am not
expecting the trip through the RFC Editor's queue to be quick.  We are
given lower priority for both being an individual (non-working group)
submission, and for being an Experimental track I-D.  The only thing
lower in the queue is the review of individual submissions that
haven't advanced to the IESG yet.

-wayne