RE: Forwading/Redirecting: The problem as I seeit....

2005-07-10 07:48:43
On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 14:37 -0400, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
The other advantage of SPF is that it has a 'none' result.  I would
*like* to reject mail from servers with an invalid HELO name, but
the majority of my customer's correspondents have servers with an invalid
HELO name (e.g. 'JUPITER' seems to be popular).  I suppose I could
treat the malformed names like 'none', and only reject the well
formed names that don't resolve to the correct IP.

There are already people out there who reject mail for that particular
violation. And again it's a _local_ thing -- only the site wanting to
publish CSA records needs to make sure it's using correct HELO
greetings. The important thing to avoid is needing _other_ people to
change their behaviour just to accommodate your scheme.

--
dwmw2