Re: The IANA has assigned us DNS number 99 for SPF

2005-07-12 04:24:11
Greetings:

When will "TXT" for SPF records no longer be valid?

Thank you.

At 12:56 AM 7/12/2005, you wrote:
In <002c01c5869d$76125eb0$0100000a(_at_)lennons> "Lennon - Orcon" <lennon(_at_)orcon(_dot_)net(_dot_)nz> writes:

> Just have to wait until Bind + others get it added in..

Right.

> So we have to wait for everyone to update their bind servers/clients...

right

> and microsoft will use the record :-( and go

Wrong.

MS will need to upgrade their software to support new RR types.  Such
an update, if I understand correctly, isn't even slated for Longhorn.

Personally, I don't see the new SPF RR every being widely used.  But,
this is what some people *really* want, so here it is.

-wayne

Peter M. Abraham, Senior Server Administrator
Dynamic Net, Inc.