Re: Broken SPF

2005-07-13 06:53:17
Lennon - Orcon wrote:

absolutemotion.com. syntax error v-spf1 ; missing SPF record at
mail.fastq.com and at smtp.west.cox.net

Umm. absolutemotion.com

TXT =  "v-spf1 a mx include:mail.fastq.com include:smtp.west.cox.net ~all"

As it does not start with v=spf1 then its "not really a SPF record" and
SPF will just ignore it. I am more wanting SPF rules which will cause a
rejection  (which absolutemotion.com won't and SPF will (should?) ignore
the TXT record)

Well the SPF library I'm using did catch it. Anyway I've looked a bit
more in my logs and have found ~100 other domains that have a broken SPF
record. Some may already be included in your list. If you are
interested, I guess it would be better to arrange a way to transmit the
 data off-list (would the raw list be enough, I mean can you run your
automated tool on a list of domains or do you need something more
elaborate?).

Best regards,

--
Rene Barbier