RE: Broken SPF

2005-07-13 09:32:39
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of Lennon
- Orcon
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 4:15 AM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Broken SPF

absolutemotion.com. syntax error v-spf1 ; missing SPF record at
mail.fastq.com and at smtp.west.cox.net

Umm. absolutemotion.com

TXT =  "v-spf1 a mx include:mail.fastq.com include:smtp.west.cox.net ~all"

As it does not start with v=spf1 then its "not really a SPF
record" and SPF
will just ignore it. I am more wanting SPF rules which will cause a
rejection  (which absolutemotion.com won't and SPF will (should?)
ignore the
TXT record)

Thanks
Craig

expedia.com.    14400   TXT     "v=spf1 include:expedia.com ~all"

In case anyone is looking for a domain to use for recursion testing.

And yes, I did e-mail them and complain.

Scott K