Re: Input via the web site submission form - Just wanted to say something positive

2005-07-20 14:49:40
Something which will help ALOT with spam is rejecting the HELO of the ip address and name of your own mail server This will stop _A LOT_ more spam/virus traffic than SPF does. (it can drop spam coming into your system by over 50%)

Thanks
Craig

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Parson" <mparson(_at_)bl(_dot_)org>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 9:30 AM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Input via the web site submission form - Just wanted to say something positive

<snip>

I was becoming really irritated with emails from my webmaster (which
is me) or from support (which is me) telling me that my account was
about to be terminated (most of these were carrying virus code). The
most "amusing" spam emails (if I can say amusing) were the ones
pretending to be from the webmaster, or whoever, at my domain that
threatened to terminate my account because the email address was being
used for spamming (all of these were virus carriers).