Re: Test tool for type 99

2005-07-20 18:00:10
spf-team(_at_)strandhuset(_dot_)net wrote:

I don't think rejecting email for any reason is illegal in
any country.

It could depend on the contract, but most probably it's okay.

OTOH if you somebody uses PRA to get FAIL- or PASS-results,
moving the mails to spam- or "auth"-folders, where the user
either deletes / spamcops or trusts them, then this admin is
violating his duties to do "the right thing".

Gross negligence is not covered by many insurances.  Using
PRA with v=spf1 without explicit consent violates the spec.:

| Without explicit approval of the domain owner, checking other
| identities against SPF version 1 records is NOT RECOMMENDED
| because there are cases that are known to give incorrect
| results.

Technical personal ignoring security regulations will find
themselves looking for a less responsible job.  Bye, Frank