Re: Is anyone doing PRA checks?

2005-07-24 10:43:24
wayne wrote:

Can you find a spec that says to do PRA checks against SPFv1
records when there is an spf2.0/pra record?  Maybe one of the
early MARID specs

IIRC that was v=marid (reported here by Meng as result of the
CYA disaster aka "Olson objection"), but not in a formal I-D.

nothing for almost a year that I can think of.

Maybe somewhere in the obsolete "unified" texts.  Long deleted
on my box, only draft-schlitt-marid-spf-from-hdr-00 survived.

If that's representative for the other texts they trapped you
into their "embrace and expand" strategy more than one year ago
(July 12 2004) for some weeks:

| 1.1.2 DNS publishers SHOULD expect evaluation in this context

They SHOULD also expect evaluation in the Message-ID context,
just in case :-(  Checking the dates, v=marid was a bit later:

<http://mid.gmane.org/4111D04C(_dot_)7C27(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>
Aug 05

Alex' idea to catch PRA checks on v=spf1 despite of spf2.0/pra
should work, add a bogus Resent-Sender with a special address
logging both v=spf1 and spf2.0/pra checks separately.

                        Bye, Frank