Re: John Levine says: SPF Loses Mindshare?

2005-08-03 07:35:12
* Stuart D. Gathman:

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, wayne wrote:

    At about the same time, Earthlink equally quietly removed the SPF
    records they'd been publishing for at least a year. That was
    particularly surprising because SPF originator Meng Wong had been
    working with Earthlink to get their SPF set up. If Meng can't make
    SPF work, who can?

Yeah, and when they removed their records, my mail started bouncing
because I was including earthlink.net so my Dad's email would pass.

Can you tell us if it bounced immediately, or after a couple of days?

Such inconsistencies can easily be caused by regular DNS updates
(because of the propagation delay etc.), and they should result in
temporary failures at the SMTP level (not 5xx errors).