Re: John Levine says: SPF Loses Mindshare?

2005-08-03 14:52:46
On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 02:37:49PM -0700, Bill Taroli wrote:

My provider, DSLExtreme, blocks outgoing 25 by default but also allows
those with static IP's to register for an excemption. The agreement you
confirm when registering says that if they find (and they do test) you
are running an open relay, they can cancel your service entirely. So, as
long as you really know what you're doing, they'll let you do it. :-)

Wow.  Suspend I could understand, but cancel ?!?

As long as you really know what you're doing, chances are slim
for anything to go wrong.  Slim, not zero.

Alex