RE: John Levine says: SPF Loses Mindshare?

2005-08-03 05:58:53

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of Dick
St.Peters
Sent: woensdag 3 augustus 2005 14:39
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] John Levine says: SPF Loses Mindshare?

If you run sendmail, chances are you're already listening on port
587 as well as port 25.  If not, add this line to /etc/mail/sendmail.cf:
           O DaemonPortOptions=Port=587, Name=MSA, M=E
and restart sendmail.

And if we really want to do this correctly, we add this instead:

    O DaemonPortOptions=Port=587, Name=MSA, M=Ea

The 'a' flag forces the necessary authentication for this port.

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---
"If you were supposed to understand it,