Re: Earthlink Says Sender ID Not Ready for Prime Time

2005-08-05 12:49:49
On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Commerco WebMaster wrote:

The possible negative fallout from Earthlink's decision to pull away
from SPF is something I think that is worthy to watch closely.

They will still be competitive as a raw connectivity provider.
I've got most of my extended family weaned from using their
ISP as an email provider anyway.  There really is no reason
these days to have an email of foo(_at_)earthlink(_dot_)net, when you can
have foo(_at_)vanitydomain(_dot_)org for a few bucks more - and you don't
even have to run a server:

  $8/yr         domain registration
  $5/yr         DNS servers             E.g.: www.dnsmadeeasy.com
  $10/yr        pop/imap mailboxes      E.g.: www.dnsmadeeasy.com

Run your own Linux server and use backup to avoid quotas on mailboxes.