RE: Proxy spf records (was Validator Testing Request)

2005-08-10 08:21:51
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Berry [mailto:mark(_at_)supportingit(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 11:17 AM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Proxy spf records (was Validator Testing
Request)

If I'm not getting the wrong end of the stick, the proposal is to
publish spf info for ISP's who do not do so themselves?

Ummm, I think it will be opening a real can of worms if your 'proxy'
record causes any third party who has not explicitly requested you do
this on their behalf, loose some mail due to it.

Cheers, Mark.

This type of venture will always have some risks.

I don't see how it could be a problem other than for domains that had
explicitly included a proxy record.  This isn't some hidden automatic thing,
it's just a list of records.  It can't do anything for/to anyone who doesn't
do something to add it to their record.

Scott K