Re: When was v=spf2.0 changed to just spf2.0

2005-08-11 09:11:24
Craig Whitmore wrote:

Can people let me know when v=spf2.0 was changed to just
spf2.0 ?

There was never a v=spf2.0.  Meng proposed v=marid, and that
was changed to spf2.0, later spf2.0/pra, spf2.0/mfrom, etc.
about a year ago.

where can I find the latest specs on SenderID (an RFC like
thing like the SPF one etc)

http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lyon-senderid-core-01
http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lyon-senderid-pra-01

Note that senderid-core-01 chapter 3.4 is *_incompatible_* with
v=spf1.  It also doesn't work as expected by itself, unless
most mailers and MUAs are updated worldwide.  For that issue
you'd need also the third document:

http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-katz-submitter-01

                         Bye, Frank