remove 4.5 step 2 (was: Updating SPF type99 and TXT RR's: Simultaneity is not guaranteed.)

2005-08-11 08:49:18
Florian Weimer wrote:

| 2.  If there are both SPF and TXT records in the set and if
|     they are not all identical, return a "PermError".
[...]
I *think* that this requires SPF clients to signal PermError
in case of a mismatch.

Yes, it was not exactly clear in draft -01, somebody on the
SMTP list found the problem, and Wayne fixed it in draft -02.

The issue is of course that many of us don't want it at all.

Now after the IESG didn't grant a proper "IETF last call" as
PS we're free to ignore obscure unnamed "DNS gurus" and delete
this point.  Even in AUTH48 - for "experimental" good enough.

                              Bye, Frank