RE: [spf-discuss] News article: Could Microsoft Lose IETF Backing for Sender ID?

2005-09-01 10:57:02

<snip>

This has been a long and needlessly painful process.  We tried to
collaborate with MS, over the objections of many members here, but
cooler
heads prevailed and pointed out that we _had_ to give them a chance.
MS
initially sent in technical folks to negotiate and work out a
collaborative
plan, which went fairly well.  There were even some joint drafts
authored.
They then followed up with lawyers and corporate types who
strategically
made demands they _knew_ were technically and legally unacceptable, and
proceeded to paint us as uncooperative for objecting.  When it became
apparent that MS could not control and own the whole process, they
decided
to torpedo it rather than let it succeed outside of their control.
They
nearly succeeded.

Is there any kind of paper trail for the discussions with the lawyers
and corporate types? I would like to read the events leading up to this.

Mike Kelly
Systems Tech
Broadview Software Inc.
416-778-0623 x239