Re: [spf-discuss] solving the forwarding problem

2005-09-15 14:06:53
Alex van den Bogaerdt writes:
Similary I cannot repair any goofups the forwarder makes.  Therefore
I do not need nor want to receive bounces as a result.  Same story.

Bounces are not sent so mail senders can repair problems, they are
sent so senders can know their mail didn't make it to delivery.

Very few senders can do anything about mail problems themselves.  Most
can't even tell whether the problem is at their own ISP's relay, at a
forwarder, or at the final destination site.

However, simply knowing that an email did not get through is often
critical knowledge for people conducting business (or simply
conducting personal lives) by email, and that is the point of bounces.

*You* may not want the bounces of your mail, but I think you will find
that most senders don't want their private correspondence bouncing to
anyone other than themselves.

--
Dick St.Peters, stpeters(_at_)NetHeaven(_dot_)com