Re: [spf-discuss] SPF and gateways

2005-09-23 01:22:30

Simon Tyler wrote:

All,

I know this must have been discussed to death but I cannot find a satisfactory
answer
to it.

If I have an MTA sat behind an outsourced AV gateway then how can I get SPF to
work?

Outbound mail is fine as I can setup an include rule to include the gateway in
my SPF
record.

Inbound causes a problem. SPF is meant to be checked "at the boundary". Well my
server
is "my boundary". The outsourced server is not,

Sorry - the reality is that the outsourced AV server *is* your boundary - - you set it up, so it's part of your mail system. If you're not happy with the way is does or doesn't check SPF - find another one.

Slainte,
JohnP.