[spf-discuss] Re: Appeal: Publication of draft-lyon-senderid-core-01 in conflict with referenced draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02

2005-12-09 14:26:26
Michael Elliott wrote:

 [FAIL results for mail claiming to be from you]
these numbers are to be taken as anecdotal.

Still interesting...

DNS servers querying v=spf1 records:      5216
DNS servers querying spf2.0 records:       828
DNS servers querying only spf2.0 records:  152
   doing the math, servers checking both:  676

...the "only spf2.0" are apparently PRA-only checks getting
the "opt out" idea right (as specified in senderid-core)

Or rather, they would get it right, your PRA is not a strict
"opt out", for "a mx" you offer a PASS.  But 152 is more than
Wayne's zero 20 weeks ago.

For the 676 doing both we can also hope that there's only one
reason to check spf2.0/pra after v=spf1, because they did not
abuse v=spf1 for PRA.  Of course we don't know what they'd do
if there is no spf2.0/pra.

the other guys are catching up in usage.

Yes, 16% is more than I expected.  Bye, Frank