Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Nominations

2006-01-05 11:05:52
In
<88885AD16AAA9F4899BB9FB751D4F5A5797DD1(_at_)phost016(_dot_)habeas(_dot_)intermedia(_dot_)net>
 "Nick Nicholas" <Nick(_at_)habeas(_dot_)com> writes:

On Thursday, January 05, 2006 at 4:37 AM Scott Kitterman wrote:

[...]                                        (and I guess
except for Wayne since he's declined, although I'd like to
see him serve).

Thanks, but I think that the SPF Council needs someone who is willing
to do the work.

Are the nominators checking with the nominees to make sure they actually
are interested in being elected to the SPF Council?

Last year, we waited until people had been nominated *and* seconded
before contacting the potential canidates to make sure they are
interested.  Some candidates posted here saying "accept" or "decline",
but anyone who did not explicitly say "yes" was not put on the ballot.
I'm not sure if this is the best way, but I don't see anything really
wrong with it either.

-wayne