Re: [spf-discuss] Nominations

2006-01-07 09:36:12
In
<17341(_dot_)37068(_dot_)712966(_dot_)288650(_at_)saint(_dot_)heaven(_dot_)net>
"Dick St.Peters" <stpeters(_at_)NetHeaven(_dot_)com> writes:

Besides, I can't stand IRC - or any other kind of chat or instant
messaging.  I need time to ponder things so I don't blurt out stuff I
didn't mean.

I see no reason why the next council would have to use IRC, or any
form of instant messaging for that matter.  When the first council was
elected, it turned out that *all* of the members had been on the #spf
IRC channel, and most of them were on it very regularly.

Some council business has been conducted via email.  I think the
future council could reasonably decided to conduct all of it that way.

If you think you can do a good job of representing the SPF community,
please run.

-wayne