Re: [spf-discuss] Fw: SRS vs BATV

2006-02-21 06:17:12
On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 10:47:36PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 20:31 +1300, Craig Whitmore wrote:
I have a question about BATV. (Yes, this about SPF, but you knows
would know)

Quite a number of email servers use callbacks (Like exim) so BATV breaks
callsbacks. So I was thinking only reject (after data) is its a bounce and
it actually contains data.

No, BATV doesn't break callbacks. BATV works perfectly in association
with callbacks. Try delivering mail from dwmw2(_at_)infradead(_dot_)org to a
server
doing callbacks (like sf.net) and watch it _correctly_ get rejected.

Can you explain why you think there would be a problem?

(sorry to butt in)

you 550 straight after RCPT TO:

MAIL FROM: <>
250 OK
RCPT TO: <dwmw2(_at_)infradead(_dot_)org>
550

I've previously assumed that would be fine, but Craig got me to worrying.

Anyone trying to check an 822 address like this (rightly or wrongly) is
going to get the wrong answer (I'd say it serves them right, but these
thing can be dificult to explain to other people sometimes).

Does it happen in the real world ? (anyone?)

Do you care ;)

Regards,
Paddy
--
Perl 6 will give you the big knob. -- Larry Wall