Re: [spf-discuss] Setting up SPF on Yahoo

2006-02-28 07:57:04
On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:01:34 +0700 "Erwin Kodiat" <milis(_at_)terong(_dot_)com>
wrote:
Dear all,
I'm new to SPF, tried to setup an SPF record for my domain name. I used
Yahoo Premium service so I can use Yahoo webmail while having my own email
address as the sender. I can't find any SPF command that works like
wildcard. I need this since Yahoo keep changing their SMTP server name
while
sending email, for instance webmail5104.yahoo.com and the other time
webmail7637.yahoo.com. Is it possible to have a wildcard or pattern matching
in SPF record?
Thanks in advance, sorry if this question has been asked (and answered)
before

There is no wildcard.  Sorry.

What you have to do is look at the IP addresses they use and gradually build a
list by sending
yourself messages (need to be received outside Yahoo to make sure it's
correct - sign up for a free mail account somewhere else if you don't have
one).  You add these to your record as you find them.

I had to do this for Comcadt when I used them.  It's not as hard as it
sounds.

Scott K