[spf-discuss] Re: AUTH48

2006-03-01 18:49:31
Julian Mehnle wrote:

Are Wayne and Meng alive and kicking ?

They should have been notified on 2006-02-14 about the status
change, but I haven't heard of either of them since then.

Hm... :-|  I'm a bit paranoid about all IETF process issues.

I think we're safe as long as the IAB appeal hasn't been
decided yet.  After that, we need Meng and Wayne to be
responsive.

The IAB appeal is about SID, not SPF.  If you're proposing
that Wayne and Meng intentionally delay SPF to give the IAB
more time to discuss this (65th IETF meeting soon to begin)
it's a point.

But otherwise SPF's AUTH48 and the RfC editor are unrelated
to SID issues, and Wayne intended to fix the critical issue
of "TXT == SPF cannot be guaranteed" (if the AD allows this)
in his AUTH48 for SPF.
                         Bye, Frank