Re: [spf-discuss] PermError: Too many DNS lookups at Microsoft.com

2006-05-09 13:48:23
On Sat, 6 May 2006, David MacQuigg wrote:

One has to wonder why domains like hotmail.com authorize so many addresses
to send using their name.  I would think a better strategy, one which would
exclude the zombies and earn them a better reputation, would be to

Those 98K hotmail IPs are actually assigned to their massively parallel and
redundant server networks.  You could argue that they don't really need
that many public IPs, but I don't believe they are authorizing potential
zombies (except insofar as their servers run Windoze ... :-) )