Re: [spf-discuss] Re: C/R systems

2006-08-19 19:05:36
On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 03:53:57AM +0200, Frank Ellermann wrote:

C/R based on SPF PASS (or at least not after SPF FAIL) is
okay.

That's an opinion.

More like a fact, receivers are free to challenge an SPF PASS
from unknown senders...

I was refering to "... is okay".  When I send mail from an
address that does have an SPF record attached, and when I
receive C/R in response, I do not think that is okay.  SPF
does not change this.  And yes, that is my opinion.  You are
entitled to yours.  But do not confuse your opinion with facts.

Sure.  SPF may save the day and filter a lot of bad C/R email.
That does not make the remaining few "okay".  Not for me at least.

Is this still on topic?

Alex