[spf-discuss] #spf (was: "authorized" == "not forged"?)

2006-09-29 12:51:15
Julian Mehnle wrote:

It's the #spf channel on irc.perl.org or irc.pobox.com.

How would you join it if you're elsewhere, DALnet (sp?), is
the channel name #spf directly known everywhere on all IRC
servers, or has it some kind of address irc.perl.org/spf ?

What's an "address behind a random jabber to IRC gateway"?

I can use a gateway irc.jabber.freenet.de (example, or noxa,
or ursine, etc.)  At that point I've to enter a "room name",
just #spf spf, spf# etc. is apparently not enough.

Does your Jabber client not support IRC directly?

No, Jabber offers gateways to anything else, IM systems like
ICQ / MSN / ... , or IRC.  The OS/2 client port is very new,
maybe it's a bug that I get no detailed error message.  It
could be something as simple as "nick already in use", I did
not try obscure nicks.

Frank