Re: [spf-discuss] SPF/postfix iowait > 90%

2006-10-25 09:46:02
On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 10:40:04AM -0500, Adrian De los Santos wrote:

[snip]

You have implemented much of my suggestions. Good. What about
the amount of simultaneous processes ?  Have you looked into
this?  What is the amount of processes without spf lookups,
and what is it with spf lookups?

Try saving a process list a couple of time.  Do this with
and without running the spf daemon.  Redirect the output
to a file so you can have a look later.

If there is a huge difference, what processes make this
difference?

Have you asked on the postfix mailing list for guidance?

  check_policy_service unix:private/spf_policy,
  permit_sasl_authenticated,

You may want to have a look at this.  Not that it has anything
to do with the performance problem, but sasl authenticated mail
may not be coming from an authorized host.  As long as you know
the user is who he says he is, you probably need to relay his
mail (think traveling sales men).

Back to topic: the only change you make is that you remove the
line containing "check_policy_service unix:private/spf_policy,"
and your problem disappears?  Really no other change, at all?

In that case I don't think it is a dns problem.  Not if I look
at all those sorbs lookups.

10 lookups at sorbs, several others...
and you have a problem with spf dns lookups?  Nah...
the daemon will be a more likely suspect in that case.

please advice.

Alex