Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Fixing Forwarding with RPF

2006-11-11 14:31:21
On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 03:17:23PM -0500, John A. Martin wrote:

Thank you.  Although I use XCLIENT for debugging it is however not
obvious to me how to option Postfix to do the XCLIENT trick on the
next hop nor how to actually make a smtp client use the XCLIENT
commands Do you have more pointers?  Sample configuration or code?

The point is: do you understand what I mean and do you understand
why it would be useful.

I needed an example and used something I know to exist.

Such a system is not limited to postfix, in theory you would be able
to do this with any (probably modified) MTA.  You wouldn't even need
to use SMTP extensions, you could also query the system (the host
responsible for the next SMTP hop) by other means.

For actually implementing such a proxy system, I'm sure you can find
examples and detailed help elsewhere.

And now back to topic please: RPF

I've seen at least two different interpretations (including my own)
of the proposal.  So far I'm not even sure which one is correct.

Alex