Re: [spf-discuss] SPF TXT Questions re Effectiveness

2006-11-21 08:45:45

    Thanks to all for the replies.  The concepts are starting to make
    sense ... and the second read of Alex's comments helped within
    the context of other inputs to this thread.  I will lower my
    expectations in both time and in the efficacy of SPF but know
    that I have at least made an effort to potentially reduce spoofing
    should the receivers choose to check.

    I am a domain owner, but do not run an MTA - I forward to
    Comcast and to GMail from which I POP down.  I have e-mailed
    the GMail folks to see what their position is on checking SPF.  My
    experience with Comcast on e-mail matters has been mostly
    silence and won't ask there (yet).

    I found a white paper on SES protocol (dated 2004) so will
    try to understand that concept and see if it applies in my
    situation.  I don't think it does.

    What I need (and maybe others?) is an "SPF for Dummies"

    George

George Hitz
Sudbury Masschusetts
hitz(_at_)hitz(_dot_)org