[spf-discuss] Suggestion: SPF record vs. SPF information

2006-11-25 10:17:04
Opinions please:

The words "SPF record" can be confusing.

I suggest we adopt the following:

When we say "SPF record", we mean the DNS resource record type SPF.

When we say "SPF information", we mean "v=spf1 ip4:... -all", in either
an SPF record or a TXT record.

I understand it will be difficult to change what we are used to for
so many years, but it has (IMHO) to be done.  It is confusing now and
it will become even more confusing once the SPF record gets known more.

What do you think?

Alex