Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Another test case for the test suite...

2007-01-10 09:44:44

As for valid reasons to not publish type99 records, that could easily
be "my master zone name server software can't deal with type99, even
though my secondary zones can deal with it and answer with no records
when queried"

In which case no type99 records would be present, at all.

But this one is valid:

Those records could be SPFv3 records or something.  Or malformed
garbage returned by broken name servers that do bad things with
"unknown" record types.  Or, whatever.

Garbage would be recognized as type99, without "v=spf1".  This shows
my point to be invalid.

Time for coffee!

Alex